Tuesday, 5 September 2017

Stash Bee September Block - Oh Scrap





September Queen Amanda’s block choice is the exact opposite from my orderly and precise foundation paper piecing request last month. For her block she asked us to pull out our scraps to organically grow a block by matching scraps of similar sizes, combining away until you had a piece large enough to trim to 9 x 9 inches. We were to avoid browns and pastels. I succeeded on the first part but looking at my picture now, some fabric read more ‘pastel’ than Amanda might like. The good thing about this project is that she can just cut my blocks up and re-combine them with other pieces if she does not like what they currently look like.






 I have prepared one 9.5 x 9.5 inches block and an extra piece that is about 8 x 9 in size. They are already en route to Queen Amanda.




Stash Bee



1 comment:

  1. I honestly don't consider any of those scraps to be too pastel. I would be surprised to hear that she did. And huge pat on the back to you, it's only 5 days into September and your block is already on it's way :)

    ReplyDelete